Although the weather is warming up a little, it’s still not that warm and my winter coat is still hanging, just in case. All I can think about is a beach, warm weather, and a nice relaxing time with my family. And after this never-ending winter, I think a vacation to a beach next winter will have to be planned. The other week I attended the Momtrends Travel event at Polarn O Pyret TriBeca. Homeaway Vacation Rentals, TravelSort, and Polarn O Pyret gave lots of great tips for traveling whether going away for a long weekend or a week that I will put to use when we go on our beach vacation this summer and when planning future vacations. Below are some of the tips and suggestions that were given to help plan a budget friendly vacation.
Homeaway Vacation Rentals offer over 500,000 properties in 170 countries around the world. Representatives were there to discuss tips for deciding where to go and where to stay. Tips included:
- Reclaiming your destination: Include your children in the planning process in deciding where to go.
- Reclaiming your budget: Staying in a rental property can save you money because they have multiple bedrooms and can easily be shared. You also have a kitchen so you will not need to order room service or eat out as much. They have pet friendly properties so you won’t have to pay a sitter.
TravelSort shared tips and tricks for getting the best airfare and making the most of your points. To get the best value, book about a year in advance. Use business cards to gain points. The more you spend the more points you get.
Polarn O Pyret, the number 1 children’s brand in Sweden, shared packing tips for kids.
- Making a list is important so you don’t forget anything. Before you start, check the weather and think about the attire for your destination.
- Be prepared and pack extra clothes for accidents and a jacket or fleece if it gets cold at night.
- Check to see if a washer/ dryer or laundry service is available where you are staying, if so you may not need to bring as much.
- Make sure to bring sunscreen especially when traveling to foreign countries because it is very expensive.
Where will you be heading on your next vacation?
Disclaimer: I did not receive compensation for this post. I received a gift bag for attending the event.